28 April 2013

We All Go a Little Crazy Sometimes


“True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island… to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” Baltasar Gracian

I wrote this for my friend H. But as time passes, it applies to more and more people. Well except for the life saving tree thing... that only happened once

I don’t always have the words I need to tell you how much you mean to me.
I have never known a friend like you. You know me, sometimes better than I do. You understand my crazy. My need for fire.

I have always been the sort of person that runs from myself. You are the only one that has ever run beside me. Your love for me; never questioned. Your silent support is sometimes the only safe place I know.

Climbing trees, a bowl of oatmeal, leather pants, moments of silence in the backyard… Somehow you have always known what I need, even before I do.

You have been beside me through the births of my last two children, through the beginning and the near ending of a marriage.
Through all of the pain and the fear and the uncertainty, you have given me joy and love and support.
And also chocolate.

You are the type of person I aspire to be…A great person, all the way through.
This year has been rough. I have been scared and alone and hurt and lost. You have always helped me find me.

I can only hope my words express how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you as a friend.

“A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.” Grace Pulpit

I can never give back all that you have given to me, all that you have been to me.

“Friends will keep you sane,
Love could fill your heart, A
lover can warm your bed, But
lonely is the soul without a mate.” - David Pratt

Thank you so much for all you have done for me. For us. Thank
you for holding my hand; for being my umbrella in this storm;
for never failing to make your love and support known.

Thank you for always wanting the best for us, for never judging and for saving my life that night in the tree.

Thank you for being everything I have ever needed, even when
I didn't know I needed it.

Someday I hope I can give you back just a fraction of all you
have given and shown to me.

There are a lot of people in my life that this applies to. They might not know it, because I am not the most expressive person in the world... But hopefully, you guys know who you are, if not what you've done for me.

5 comments:

  1. True friends are rare. In life, they appear when things have swirled out of control and there is no relief in site.

    It's good you have such friends. Some never have the experience and never know the blessings they received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is possible to receive a complete physique work out that includes all your big muscle mass groups with most of these stations.


    My page: bowflex 552

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really works within the theory of "perpetual release" and improves vascular dilation, electrical power and energy.


    my website incl Post Article Comments Name : EmailAddress : URL : Comments : Article Categories �

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nonetheless, if the treadmill expenses $1,600, it really
    is most likely a complex equipment and is worth spending an additional $150 to $300 for professional assembly.


    Here is my webpage; bowflex selecttech 552

    ReplyDelete